12/01/2017

More paintings and projects

Some paintings from this last year or two. Even before art classes I hadn't stopped completely painting, but classes certainly helped me get back into action.

2016 - oil on canvas
A gift for my then employer.

2017
My first try with acrylics. So different to paint with than oil.
Inspired by the morning light one morning.
One of my better pieces, pre classes.
This was painted for a very dear friend in 2016.
Oil on paper.

Playing around with shape and colour. 2016
My sister in law fell in love with it and I framed it for her.
Oil on paper.
Oil on paper 2015-2016.
Sometimes I get so fed up with the controlled work, that I just feel the need to destroy it.
Below are two paintings very loosely painted, focusing on structure and colour.
Above a painting, very structured and controlled, that was cut into pieces and glued onto the other painting. It creates a mosaic and I did intend to make it look like shattered glass.
Not sure I really succeed with that though.
So this is a bit of the work I've done the last few years, before my art classes started.

No comments:

Post a Comment