8/27/2010

More Mandalas

Oil on canvas, my first mandala attempt and design
 Finally I finished my oil painting mandala. That is the first mandala I worked on and fully my own design. I created it before I received my mandala book to have a fresh mind and approach to how to make a mandala. The focus on this one is the colours and it's taken me some 3 weeks to paint in order to wait for different layers of paint to dry.

Variation of the Yantra for meditation on the Gayatri Mantra
Another watercolour yantra. It's taken from my book, but I added the circle to create more harmony and let the grid extend beyond the circle. I'm not too satisfied with the grid part. I'll have to do some more variations and see what comes of it.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. I especially love the one you did in oil paint. Lovely design and colors!

    ReplyDelete