3/26/2010

Sunrise

A light rises over the horizon, the darkness of the night retreats for that of the coming dawn. From the deepest blue to paler and paler shades. Dew upon my soles, crisp fresh air, complete silence as if nature holds its breath.

One early bird breaks the silence with a longing song. Another joins and within a few heartbeats the paradise erupts in a chorus of song. Pale pink washes the skies and slowly the orange fireball rises between the peaks of distant mountains.

The water of the lake reflects the sky and a soft breeze ripples the surface, creating patterns of stunning beauty. A graceful bird dives into the water and triumphantly rises up into the air in a shower of glistening water drops.

I stand upon the hill welcoming the day, being one with all around me. I long to join spread out my arms and fly into the sky like the eagle. Instead I let the first rays of the morning sun touch my skin and warm my chilled body.

Dew evaporates and a thin layer of haze lies over the lake, mingling with the thin wisp of smoke coming from the chimney of my cabin. Inside life stirs, and suddenly a child's laughter echoes over the small valley.

I smile and thank the world for another day. Content I return to my family, a happy song in my heart, each step bringing me joy and anticipation for the day just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment