10/08/2008

You

As a ray of light, you shine
Through broken clouds after the storm
One among many, and always
The brightest of the day.
Over troubled waters the beam
Dances, as if filled with the joy
Of life discovered anew, when
The ray of light touched the tops
Of waves rolling over the ocean.

As the voice of a bird, you rise
Above the chorus of flocks gathered
In the trees surrounding me, standing
Tall in the forest, in which I have wandered
Lost for years of my life, and here I hear
The most beautiful song, coming from
Up high, the inspiration you gave me
When I was lost in my wanderings.

As the scent of a rose, you waft
Upon the breezes, caressing the flowers
Of the garden, in which I was lost
In my dreams of a future, that I
Could never reach, out of fear that
One day, I might actually achieve
What I dreamt of, when the scent
Brought hope to my heart, to find my way
Out of the maze, my longing dreams
Had woven, the fragrance guided me
Towards the centre of the garden, where it
Held me enthralled, forever in belief.

You are the light, the song, the scent
Of my life, the ones that stands out
More than any other, the ones I
Hold most dear in my heart, to whom
My love eternally will belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment