9/10/2008

Two paintings

Finally found time to do a few paintings today. It's been quite a while since I've had the chance to relax and paint. This was a little treat and break for me after spending all morning working on the design for a logo.

Butterfly on blue

Finally finished this one. The background have been done for a while. I had to wait for the paint to dry enough for me to paint the butterfly on it. I'm not sure I'm quite satisfied with the intensity of the reds/oranges and I might try to brighten it later when the paint has dried again.

Reds

I had red paint left over from the butterfly and did this small painting. I quite like the colours on it, warm and intense. Time will show if I'll leave it as it is or add another element to it in contrasting colours. It took me just half an hour to paint, easy little thing to do for relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment