8/20/2008

Stargazing

- Hi there cutie, I gotta tell you something.
- Hmm.... have you seen the stars tonight, they're so beautiful.
- Yeah, they're nice. Look, there's something I gotta tell you. I--
- They're more than nice, and tonight it's the Perseids shower too. You must lie down with me and watch it.
- Perseids?
- The meteors, there are going to be many tonight, perhaps up to 5 every minute. Look! There's another one.
- Ah yeah, of course. But see, I must tell you about this phone--
- There's another one, did you see how beautiful it was as it trailed through Cygnes?
- Cygnes? That's that one up there, isn't it?
- Yes! Oh, look over there, another one!
- They are pretty, but there's this thing I have to tell you.
- Pretty? They're amazing. This show only happens once a year and that's tonight.
- Yeah, it's a nice show all right. So, I really got to tell you something.
- Wow! That one was mind-blowing, did you see how it exploded into a ball?
- Are you even paying attention to what I say?
- Of course I am. It's such a beautiful night tonight, I'm happy I came out here to watch the shower.
- It's a nice night for sure, much better than what happened earlier I tell ya.
- I just wish I had brought my sleeping bag. It would be wonderful just to lie here all night and fall asleep under the stars.
- You shouldn't sleep out here, it's dangerous.
- I know, I'm not going to either. I just wish I could.
- Good. Listen, the phone rang...
- Did you see that? Did you see that one? It cast shadows on the ground!
- Uhm, what?
- I've never seen any so bright, it was almost like the full moon. So much light. I've only heard of those, they're--
- Stop it, you have to hear what I'm saying, it's important.
- What, you're the one interrupting me all the time.
- Hey, that's not true! I came here to tell you something important and you're just babbling on about those stars.
- I'm not babbling! Now you're being mean.
- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, but fact is--
- Did you see that one? That beautiful meteor trailing all the way from Cassiopeia to Lyra?
- Eh, no, I'm not looking at your stars.
- What? Why aren't you looking, this is the most amazing show of the year. You must see it.
- I don't care about that right now. I have something I must tell you.
- What is it that's so important to tell me? Why don't you just say it?
- I've been trying, but you aren't listening. You just keep talking about those stars.
- I'm not! Ooooh... that was a slow trailer, I almost think I could hear it!
- There you go again. Would you just stop for one moment and look at me while I talk to you.
- And miss this opportunity? You can't mean that.
- Yes I do! What I have to say is much more important than your stars.
- Can't it wait, I'm busy right now.
- No, it can't wait.
- Look! Another--
- STOP it!
- What?
- Look at me, now.
- I am looking.
- Stop glancing at the sky, look at my eyes, just for two min.
- I am looking at you.
- No you're not.
- I am.
- Finally, yes now you are. If only you had done that from the start we could have avoided this fight.
- Is that what you want to say?
- No, silly, of course not.
- Well, your time is up, I got to watch the sky.
- Wait! I'm not done yet, look at me.
- All right, all right, what is it?
- I got this phone call a short while ago.
- And? What's special about that.
- It was my mum.
- Your mum? What did she want?
- She'll be here in 15 min.
- What! Why didn't you tell me? Now we got to hurry back and do the dishes.
- I tried to tell you, but you didn't listen.
- There's another one! Did you see that, did you see it?
- Yeah, I saw it.
- Wasn't it beautiful?
- Yeah, it was.
- Give me a few more moments, I have to watch this.
- Yeah yeah, I'll head back and do the dishes. Mum will be here any moment now.
- Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment